When should I introduce GradeCraft and how should I talk about it?
We recommend you introduce GradeCraft right at the beginning - it is, in a way, the living syllabus. It’s particularly good at helping students keep track of what’s going on, and encouraging them to set goals for their semester. We have put together a video to help students understand the approach here: Intro to Gameful Learning with GradeCraft
Potential things include:
- Which system (Canvas, CTools, or GradeCraft) students should submit work to
- Which system students should expect to receive feedback on
- What the required elements of the course are (the common pathway that everyone engages in)
- What the opportunities are for students to customize the class to their interests and schedules
- How to use the Grade Predictor